Electronic systems for motorcycling
Cutting-edge on-board technology to protect motorcyclists.
How it works:
The Helite electronic technology includes 2 embedded sensors:
• A sensor integrated in the vest (CDU): follows the rider’s motion in context.
• A sensor to be placed on the motorcycle’s fork (SDU): detects impacts on the motorcycle.
The two sensors are associated and analyze the situation in real time. When a fall or an accident is detected, the airbag inflates automatically before ground impact.
Vest and fork sensor
The fork sensor
- Easily installed on the motorcycle
- 5 years autonomy
Advantages of the fork sensor
Highly recommended for use on the road, the fork sensor option divides the detection time by 2 (from 31 ms) and detects more accidents (at a standstill and at low speed).
Ideal for race track
For track use, the fork sensor is less essential: few accidents occur at low speed and collisions with a vehicle or an obstacle are rare.
The detected accidents
This multi-sensor technology enables 360° detection and covers a wide range of accidents: from 0km/h, at low speed and regardless of the angle of impact.
Vest + fork sensor
• Collision with a front or side obstacle or from behind
• Collision at standstill and at low speed: frontal, lateral or from behind.
• Loss of grip, slipping: low side
• Loss of grip, loss of control: high side
Slip, loss of grip, loss of control. High side and low side.
This is and remains our priority.
The high airbag protection will remain the same under all circumstances: while driving, at standstill and at low speed (this is also the case for our mechanical systems).
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
We ensure a detection between 31 ms and 60 ms for a speed of 35 km (which covers 85% of accidents).
We have carried out tests with the UTAC (Union Technique de l’Automobile, du Motocycle et du Cycle). These tests allowed us to validate our detection times.
Test during a frontal impact against a stationary vehicle:
– Detection time of the SDU sensor on the motorcycle fork: 31 ms
– Detection time of the CDU sensor in the airbag vest: 62ms
– Detection time for competitor autonomous airbag: 95 ms