Electronic systems for motorcycling
Cutting-edge on-board technology to protect motorcyclists.
How it works:
The Helite electronic technology includes 2 embedded sensors:
• A sensor integrated in the vest (CDU): follows the rider’s motion in context.
• A sensor to be placed on the motorcycle’s fork (SDU): detects impacts on the motorcycle.
The two sensors are associated and analyze the situation. When a fall or an accident is detected, the vairbag inflates automatically before ground impact.
Vest and fork sensor
The fork sensor
- Easily installed on the motorcycle
- 5 years autonomy
Advantages of the fork sensor
Highly recommended for use on the road, the fork sensor option divides the detection time by 2 (from 31 ms) and detects more accidents (at a standstill and at low speed).
Ideal for race track
For track use, the fork sensor is less essential: few accidents occur at low speed and collisions with another vehicle or an obstacle are rare.
The detected accidents
This multi-sensor technology enables 360° detection and covers a wide range of accidents: from 0km/h, at low speed and regardless of the angle of impact.
Vest + fork sensor
• Collision with a front or side obstacle or from behind
• Collision at standstill and at low speed: frontal, lateral or from behind.
• Loss of grip, slipping: low side
• Loss of grip, loss of control: high side
Slip, loss of grip, loss of control. High side and low side.
This is and remains our priority!
Airbag protection will remain optimal under all circumstances: while driving, at a standstill and at low speeds (this is also the case for our mechanical systems).
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
We ensure a detection between 31 ms and 60 ms for a speed of 35 km (which covers 85% of accidents).
We have carried out tests with the UTAC (Union Technique de l’Automobile, du Motocycle et du Cycle). These tests allowed us to validate our detection times.
Test during a frontal impact against a stationary vehicle:
– Detection time of the SDU sensor on the motorcycle fork: 31 ms
– Detection time of the CDU sensor in the airbag vest: 62ms
– Detection time for competitor autonomous airbag: 95 ms