Launch of the e-GP Air, the electronic airbag vest for race track
On race track, very high speeds can have serious consequences on the racers in case of a fall. It is therefore important to offer them a reliable and fast protection system adapted to their practice. After two years of research and development and tests, our NEW race track model the e-GP Air, a wireless and 100% autonomous airbag vest, is now available. A real revolution in terms of protection and detection.
By adding electronic technology to our range, we wish to offer a wireless system with a faster detection while maintaining the level of protection and reliability of our mechanical system.
THE E-GP AIR – AN AIRBAG VEST THAT INCORPORATES THE “ELECTRONIC AIRBAG SYSTEM” TECHNOLOGY
The vest integrates the “electronic airbag system” technology developed by Helite. An advanced on-board technology (accelerometer, gyroscope and GPS) that analyzes the motorcyclist’s movements more than 1000 times per second and detects falls or accidents in real time. When a fall is detected, the airbag inflates automatically in less than 55 ms and before impact.
The fork sensor option:
Caution: Highly recommended on road, this option should not be used on race track. It is nevertheless compatible with the e-GP Air for road use.
Learn more about the electronic technology
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE AIRBAG VEST
The vest is suitable for both men and women and can be worn over any race suit.
Available in 7 sizes (from XS to XL-L) from 839 € in April at all our retailers in France and Europe.
- Ultra-fast wireless detection: from 62ms at a speed of 35km/h
- Autonomy: 25h
- USB Charging: 3h
- e-Cartridge: GG 60 cc
- Simple and intuitive system: just press the ON/OFF button 3 times to activate or deactivate the system.
THE HELITE AIRBAG PROTECTION REMAINS THE SAME
The system retains Helite’s requirements for protection and ease of use:
- Biggest protection volume on the market: between 17 and 28L, depending on the size of the airbag.
- Shape of the airbag: optimal protection of the neck / cervical and vital parts (thorax, back, etc).
- Double TURTLE effect: back and chest protector for better shock absorption.
- Aerodynamics: the vest fits over all leather suits (space for the hump provided).
- Simple reconditioning by yourself and in a few minutes after a fall.
(Very practical on race track to continue riding even after a fall).